Thursday, August 1, 2013

Minions and Malaysians




If you live in Malaysia, you may have witnessed or heard about the recent ‘Minion Craze’. But if you absolutely do not know what the ‘Minion Craze’ is all about, read this.



Proudly Sadly to say, I am one of those crazy fanatics. Week by week, I scouted, I queued, I ate enough Happy Meals that could last me for my entire lifetime. Anyways, there is one thing that I have observed/experienced during this ‘Minion Craze’ that made me ponder. Uncivilized Malaysians :( Not all but a significant amount. I am disgusted by a number of Malaysians, both young and old, who jumped the (super long) queue. And I did not witness this once or twice but many many many times. They will either pretend that they know somebody in line and just ninja in, crowd around the Mcd staff who was distributing the happy meal coupons and sneakily slip their hands in and grab a coupon or cut in the drive-thru line. Worst, when these people were confronted (politely) by angered people like me, they pretended not to listen or even argued back. This is so funny because Malaysians are constantly complaining about how the country is not developing but they fail to realize that Malaysia will always remain third world if the mentality of Malaysians remain third world. Can’t they learn a thing or two from the Japanese?


Japanese, Waiting in Line for Hours, Follow Social Order After Quake


You may think that cutting queue is only a small matter and it doesn’t really have any consequences besides irritating the people behind the line. However, this small act of un-civilization is a reflection of a poor human capital base. If one is constantly trying to find shortcuts, how can one be trustworthy in the workforce? If our policemen, our politicians, our teachers, our engineers all cut queues, always find the easy way out without following social order, what will our country become?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by BlogSpotDesign | Ngetik Dot Com