Wednesday, July 31, 2013

FUN in Taiwan


“Congratulations! You are flying to Taiwan.”

Imagine a little girl riding on a cute little pony galloping around the garden. YES. I was that happy when I got offered to join the university’s summer exchange programme to Taiwan in July. It was what I really need at that moment, a moment of happiness, apart from being occupied with thesis and final exams.

So, June was hell of a hectic month. Last minute Reading journals (pulling hair) and writing for my thesis (Banging my head on the wall). Well, I got through it, thank God. Final exam is a b*tch for adding salt on my wound. Oh July, please be kind to me and come quickly.




24 days in Taiwan is UN-FOR-GET-TA-BLE.

Visiting Taiwan as an exchange student was different compared to when I first visited that beautiful country as a tourist two years back during winter. Joining a local tour with a well-planned itinerary versus attending classes and last minute planning of trips. Besides, it’s summer. Less restriction on my daily activities. Whee~

150 students (Whoa..) of different faculties took part in this programme, so yeah, I met new friends, not to forget Taiwanese friends too.  Lecturers were so passionate of their profession, cracking jokes and enlightening our days in every classes. The facilitators were so young, yet dedicated and were great helping hands throughout our stay in their university. Even the lady boss of the cafeteria was always concerned and ensured that all of us had taken our meals. Are Taiwanese that kind-hearted and helpful? No doubt.


That was a huge group of people.

Taipei – first visited destination, and also my very first backpacking destination. Together with three friends (whom I just met in this programme and randomly decided on backpacking) we embarked on our luxury backpacking adventure. Though it only lasted for a day, backpacking was FUN but super tiring. Like seriously.
More than 12 hours of traveling with a lot of walking, catching buses and trains, sweating, yet it was worth it by the good memories gained from this trip.


My backpacking group (from left: Andy, Tat Joon, Cheuw Yan & me)

Day 1: Tamsui, Taipei



Tamsui street.



Cycling around Tamsui was something interesting. I have got to say the guys have really good stamina in controlling the bicycle with such great weight on it.


Fisherman’s Wharf at Tamsui. Also known as Lovers’ Harbour.


We even visited Jay Chou’s high school – Tam Kang High School.

Day 2: Jiufen, Shifen, Qing Tong

Jiufen Old Street

Golden Waterfall


Familiar? We were trying to imitate a scene in the movie “You are the apple of my eye”. Great photo taken by Mr Eric Chen whom we met at Jiu Fen.


Railway track at Shifen.


Wishes written on a sky lantern at Shifen.


There it goes. May our wishes come true.


Bamboo letters at Qing Tong.

Oh this is something worth remembering. Twice in a day, we ran like mad people (good looks and reputation? Screw it!) chasing after trains. And the best part, the train stopped for us to board in. *heads held high*

Day 3: Mao Kong Cable Car station, Taipei City

Mao Kong Station.


Spot the colour difference. We got stuck on top of the hill for more than an hour due to the rain downhill. Cable car system was stopped and we had to queue for the shuttle bus.


The magnificent Taipei 101.

Day 4: Taipei City


Old Palace Museum in Taipei.

We didn’t manage to visit all the hotspots in Taipei due to restriction of time. Taiwan, a beautiful country indeed.

It would be an extremely long essay to talk about Taiwan. Keep following as I blog more about my stay in Taiwan. As for now, toodles~ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by BlogSpotDesign | Ngetik Dot Com