Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Fishy Affair-S.E.A. Aquarium







Be it admiring the vast variety of water creatures and plants or feasting on mouth watering seafood, I have always loved the aquatic ecosystem. So you can only imagine how happy I was when my boyfriend decided to take me on a date to the world's LARGEST aquarium---S.E.A Aquarium in Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore. We spent a good 4 hours at the aquarium. There were 10 zones altogether and there was definitely a lot to see. The entire experience was worth the $33 admission fee, I must say. Besides being wow-ed by a great variety of (common, uncommon, weird, exotic, magical) aquatic animals, we were also "blown away" by the Typhoon Theatre and Maritime Experiential Museum. And! The shop selling Gelato near the exit was ze best! Their Whiskey Cream Gelato was to die for. It was such a shame that I did not take any photos of neither the Gelato nor the shop. Pardon me, I was too busy in paradise.

For the nitty gritty, visit SEA Aquarium's official website here. Otherwise, read on. (Warning: Spoilers alert.)

I took hundreds (or maybe thousands) of photos and it seemed impossible to upload them all in one post. I chose a few to best illustrate my awesome trip to the aquarium. *winks* Oh and one fish photos taking tip: BE SUPER PATIENT IF YOU WANNA HAVE A GOOD SHOT!
As you enter the building, you will be greeted by an exhibition on the Maritime Silk Route and a few recreation of popular water transportation, including the Omani Dhow (photo on left). 

After scanning your admission tickets, you will first enter Shipwreck Habitat. It's like a tunnel through the aquarium.

After the tunnel, you will come across some transparent floors!

Razorfish and pipefish. The pipefish camouflaged really well so I had to circle it so that you can take notice. 

Can you guess what are these? *Jeng jeng jeng* Shark Eggs! SHARK EGGS!!!!!!!

The many faces of starfish ;)

They had a large cylindrical aquarium and a discovery pool as well. 'Fun' Fact: I actually got a shock and quickly withdrew my hand after touching the starfish. Made a fool out of myself. GAH.

The ever beautiful aquatic ecosystem.

Eeeekkkk! Garden eels! 


Man eating sharks? or sharks eating man? We often perceive sharks as dangerous man murderers. However, the extinction of sharks today are mainly caused by human activities. Ah, the irony.

Ending the post with this perfectly camouflaged fish. At first glance, I thought it was some kind of aquatic plant. But then I looked closer and holy crap, it was a fish!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by BlogSpotDesign | Ngetik Dot Com